Position: Capo di Tutti Capi
The conversation needs to change, now. Right now. The old memes of capitalism vs communism vs sharia vs utopianism need to be laid to rest. They scramble the potential for a productive dialogue by flaming passions and closing minds. RIP old comrades! The overriding issue being ignored by all the exponents of the various ideologies is Rampant Industrialism and why it’s killing us.
Industrialism (Sociology) an organization of society characterized by large-scale mechanized manufacturing industry rather than trade, farming, etc Free Dictionary.
So much for the formal definition of industrialism. What should be of concern world-wide is the “ism” part. It’s foolish to fault the so called Industrial Revolution which brought ease and plenty to a made-by-hand world. It is idle to attempt to distinguish the moment when the plethora of goods and services began to define our lives. But in today’s entitlement society any movement to slow down or critique the flow of new “stuff” produces charges of apostasy or Luddism despite compelling evidence the planet is in trouble and the end of our life on Earth a distinct possibility.
Rampant Industrialism has become shibboleth; a collective lunacy that shows little sign of abatement before the mass goes critical and cannot be undone. That little imp of an ‘ism’ is hard at work. We no longer can endure the championing of pet ideologies and demonizing of all others. The grace period for grandstanding has passed and soap boxes need descending from, pronto.
These are the same reckonings that give voice, when the oceans rise and the tides threaten to swamp us, to the universal cry, “Save our cities!” That consuming, seductive impulse to dig it all up; to heat it to hard and to erect it toward the heavens is now worldwide. Wherever and whenever possible another phallic oasis goes up, along some waterway, somewhere. Behold the city our prized accomplishment, issues from the dread, near universal mind-set, of Rampant Industrialism.
A species that cannot stop short of putting one more motor vehicle on roads already burdened with one billion as of 2010 and heading for two billion in 2020 serves blindly the dark God of Industrialism.
A species so enamored of itself that even reaching 7 billion mortal copies is not daunted and blissfully assumes that ten billion meals will appear miraculously each day, cooked, served and eaten by those teeming minions. No untoward impact on an already overburdened planet noted or tallied, thank you.
“Save our cities!”. Forget our rivers, bayous, bays and deltas being salt water inundated thus threatening the worlds fish hatcheries. Never mind the seas receiving the flotsam and jetsam of all those flooded out chemical, fertilizer and nuclear installations that abut the rising waters. Also overlook millions of acres of cropland salt infused and barren. “Save the cities!… Please.” This, the catechism and orthodoxy of Rampant Industrialism, prayerfully brayed to the Patron Saints of Progress.
It don’t matter a smidgen if you are a dedicated anarco-capitalist; a world striding flat-earther or a ernest Rosicrusian, if your contribution to the future of mankind is owning a family sedan or having another child, despite all lofty sentiments and ringing slogans, you are part of the problem. You help support Rampant Industrialism which champions unlimited growth; a near fatal error in the contemporary life equation.
1. As an American I celebrate my heritage as heroic and noble despite evidence to the contrary.
2. As an American I can watch with disinterest as my mythology, long considered sacrosanct, is shown to be largely bogus.
3. As an American I am unable to think independently because, over time, I have been engineered to consent to a prescribed way of life.
4. As an American I criticize the civil rights violations of other nations but I do worse things routinely.
5. As an American I embrace despots and oligarchs as friends if they do my bidding.
6. As an American I enable the persecution of anyone attempting significant public exposure of my social evils.
7. As an American I profit from the losses of others that I may lead a more comfortable life.
8. As an American I believe that whatever is done authoritatively must, of necessity, be with good intention.
9. As an American I created the most fundamentalist society on the planet but believe other societies to be more so.
1. He will overlook the obvious horrors of colonial genocide and chattel slavery and stick to homilies that glorify nation founding. i.e. Taxation without representation. Fact: the American colonies paid less tax per capita than anyone on earth at the time. Factoid: The real motivation was that England would impose crippling levies as had been done to Ireland.
Acceptance of union by the slave states. Fact: Knowledge by the slavers of strong movement in England to abolish chattel slavery in all her colonies weighed heavily on them to join for protection.
2. He has been schooled from boyhood to accept without criticism America as the most enlightened, purist and most noble of all nations and that the rest were backward, old-country and unfree. That without our guidance and leadership they would forever wallow in ignorance and obsolescence. That in time they would come to see our uniqueness and singularity. The waxing and then recent waning of Empire building with the accompanying gore, misery and losses by so many others should have given lie to the mythological instruction earlier received. It has not reached him as yet.
3. In a fast paced and mainly brutal century he, his recent predecessors and his contemporaries, have though the masterful techniques of brilliant soap and ideology peddlers been rendered incapable of independent thought. The doctrine known as “engineering consent”, honed and polished as every advance in public media allowed greater sophistication, had now arrived him to a state of total dependence on a collective public voice and unexamined mores. He has not been able to perceive how this very technique destroyed his recently fallen rivals in Europe and Asia and he is now living the same Orwellian nightmare.
4. If he was raised in the era of avid radio listening, he was exposed to myriad crime stories, where at some point, a frustrated minion of the law would announce that withheld information would be forthcoming in a jiffy when, “I give that perp the third degree. Torture,sure it was. But he deserved it.” This common cop story ploy was, over time, eased out of favor as being really too, too politically incorrect only to be replaced by twenty-first century torture stories from Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib and those outsourced to our obliging friends. He remains unmoved.
5. He embraced an amazing set of monsters, many of whom were subsequently demonized or destroyed. In the past few decades alone such notables as
Osama bin Laden
Mohammend Reza Pahlavi, Shah of Iran
Papa Doc Duvalier
were lionized, supported through all their excesses and then, often as not betrayed. Their usefulness exhausted, they became liabilities and he abandoned them summarily.
6. His tolerance for exposure of collective evils diminished exponentially as his susceptibility to “manufactured consent” for his nefarious doings increased. Each change in leadership produced less regard for probity and the welfare of individuals and an unstinting effort at hegemony abroad.
Reports of nefarious dealing up to and including selective assassination of anyone suspected of hostility to the current regime and wholesale domestic spying on the citizenry brought about a frenzy of efforts to silence all criticism by demonizing and prosecuting the critics. He concurs.
7. He gloated with pride at the rise of his nation from a spectator of world affluence to being the greatest creditor nation of all; while it lasted. He was comfortable in ignoring his success being largely due to having been sheltered peacefully in his homeland and missing the carnage suffered by rivals during two major wars and countless smaller events. He was only stirred to action when a hostile foreign incident occurred on his own soil; the first in a century and a half. Decades of profiting from the losses of others due to favorable circumstance or direct predation caused him little distress and he remains comforted by warm feelings of entitlement.
8. He is beneficiary to a high standard of living from birth, access to significant schooling and cultural opportunities but remains at heart, uneducable in a wider sense. His feasance to the tenets of his way-of-life prevented him from discerning any value in the efforts of other cultures that are contrary to his short term interests. With most of his peers in lock-step, actions done at home or abroad, if given sufficient veneer of respectability were accepted as givens; losses suffered by others notwithstanding.
9. A hundred years have passed since the Dons and acolytes at the Princeton Theological Seminary conjured the notion of Fundamentalism to combat the encroachment of Darwinism and progressive Protestantism. Those divines have been successful beyond imagining as the planet
reeks of it now and the resultant body count rises daily. At home, he and his righteous cliche of reactionary, pietistic zealots, await the Rapture, deny Science selectively and relive the Know-Nothing-ness of another era.
The “Engineering of Consent”
Edward Bernays, who was Sigmund Freud’s nephew, recalled in his 1965 autobiography being shocked on learning his book Crystallizing Public Opinion was being used by Joseph Goebbels against the Jews in Nazi Germany.
Bernays had long advocated public opinion be scientifically manipulated to advance self interest. As a Jew this unhappy information about the Nazis must have been daunting. He realized the attack on the Jews was not emotionally motivated but was a deliberate, planned political campaign.
Bernays was a driving force in the first part of the 20th century in advertising and is known as an early advocate of the concept of ‘public relations’. As an assistant to President Woodrow Wilson, Bernays was instrumental in selling the war to a resistant public by such jingoistic tropes as “bringing Democracy to all of Europe”.
He counted “manipulation of the masses” as essential to promoting Democracy until Fascism in Europe used the same techniques. In much the same way the America fascination with the pseudo-science of Eugenics looked promising until the Nazis put it to appalling use. Because the Germans in World War I used the term propaganda, Bernays promoted the phrase “Public Relations” as an alternate.
Bernays daughter Anne in a BBC interview said her father felt the public’s democratic judgment was”not to be relied upon” and “they could very easily vote for the wrong man or want the wrong thing.” His own judgment left much to be desired apparently.
Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter, in correspondence with president Roosevelt, cited Bernays and Ivy Lee, who authored the term ‘Public Relations’, as “professional poisoners of the public mind, exploiters of foolishness, fanaticism and self-interest”.
Among his many corporate accounts was American Tobacco Company which he convinced to use a green label since it would have greater appeal to women. Breaking a strong taboo about women smoking in public became a cause celebre for Bernays. At the time women were only allowed to smoke in certain areas and violation of the rule could lead to arrest. Tragically his wife, who smoked, died of lung cancer.
Alcoa aluminum sought him out to find a market for Hexafluorosilicic_acid, a by-product of aluminum production. Gathering support from the American Dental Association, Bernays convinced the public it was safe to drink fluoride and that folly still plagues us. And there was Ivory Soap: 99&44/100’s percent pure…”it Floats”. Bernays was so great a salesman that his concept of “enlightened despotism” poisons all it touches to this day
An enlightened despot of some renown was Paul Joseph Goebbels, PhD from Heidelberg University, who became Reich Minister of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda in the Hitler Cabinet. One of his first acts was to take complete control the news media, the arts and information. That was Dr. Goebbels’ ruthless version of the engineering of consent. Organizing the burning of “decadent” books soon followed as did outright violence such as Kristallnacht and then, concentration camps for Jews and others.
“That propaganda is good which leads to success, and that is bad which fails to achieve the desired result,’ he wrote. “It is not propaganda’s task to be intelligent, its task is to lead to success.”
Goebbels openly exploited the most basic instincts of the German people. Racism, class envy,
xenophobia and insecurity became a toxic formula he used to lead the masses to frenzy.
Joachim C Fest, “The Face of the Third Reich”.
“He drove his listeners into ecstasy, making them stand up, sing songs, raise their arms, repeat oaths – and he did it, not through the passionate inspiration of the moment, but as the result of sober psychological calculation.”
Which brings us to S.H.I.T.
Mercifully this site has finally been taken down from the net after years of being a de facto anti-semitic horror show of which Dr. Goebbels could only dream. The photos and sketches accompanying each entry were of the most unflattering imaginable, fleshing out the stereotypical descriptions seen below. Notice the repeated comparison to rodents which had been a Goebbels speciality. The reactionary spirit of engineering consent has never soared lower.
From the original website:
Below is a Self-Hating Israel-Threatening List of nearly 8,860 Jews… as of 2-20-09. Despite what they may or may not admit, they are NOT friends of Israel. Unfortunately, they are but the “tip of the iceberg” and so Masada2000.org will continue adding names and photos. If YOU know of other disgraceful Judenrats, feel free to pass on to us their names and information as to why they should be included on this list. (They don’t even have to be famous!) You will remain anonymous.
A B C DE F G HIJ K L M NOP QR S TUVWXYZ
Click any letter to see if YOUR favorite Jew is listed
“Hobsbawm, Eric J. (Prof.) Take a look at that face. It’s the face of a evil, twisted Self-Hating Israel-Threatening Jew
Professor Eric J. (forJudenrat ) Hobsbawm is ashamed to be Jewish. He should also be ashamed for screwing a married woman and producing a bastard son, Jason… who opted to live with the married woman! The luckiest thing his parents ever did was to die before he turned thirteen. Too bad they didn’t die BEFORE they created this monster!”
Ehud Moshe Appel… the boot-licking Kike
Daniel Barenboim…Judenrat and “useful idiot
Susan Rouda… fat Judenrat
Arthur J. Abrams … bald-headed baboon of a rabbi
Thomas L Friedman… Jewish Uncle Tom.
Gilad Atzmon…shameless Judenrat
Jesse Bacon… Progressive Judaism is indeed a mental illness
Edgar Bronfman…this kike
Donna Bailie… you Judenrat whore! … ugly Judenrat
Coreya Balsam… useful idiot Judenrat
Rann Bar-On…”Hard-on” in Hebrew
Robert Scheer… ultra-liberal “useful idiot” Judenrat
Norman G. Finkelstein…Poster Yehudon [Jew Boy]
Peter Gabel… card-carrying Tikkun Judenrat
Zachris Jantti… Finnish Jew turd-ball
Jemima Goldsmith Khan… a hot-blooded self-hating Kike
Tony Kushner… Judenrat,
Geraldo Rivera… Puerto-Jew
George Soros… sore-ass Judenrats like him!
Is the end result of a hundred years of being sold soap, fluoride and nicotine through a diabolic “engineering of consent” technique so programmed us all that we can be sold 2 or 3 wars simultaneously, lose them all, go broke fighting them, yet keep believing the salesmen and come back for more while the entire planet seethes with discontent?
Humanism Adrift at Sea
Contemporary Humanism appears to have lost mooring and become adrift without compass and heading for a reef. Is it because the Ship’s Surgeon, Dr. Kantbe True, clutching his copy of The Atheists Catechism has seized the wheel, proclaimed his Captaincy, switched from an historically valid course and is fast headed towards the dangerous reef marked… redundancy?
This infamous Catechism ignores the tenets of historical Humanism and negates centuries of hard earned progress. The existence of God or Gods was not at issue in antiquity. All the lyricism and scholarship of Lucretus; his homage to Epicurus and the resultant spreading enlightenment is now held to be mere paganism or worse, deism, and dismissed. Even, perhaps slightly addled, Sir Thomas Moore, before his ignoble end, could call himself ‘a Christian Humanist’, with impunity; but not anymore. Not in this brave new era of “HUMANISM UBER ALLES”.
The goal of historical Humanism was to secure equal value and pleasure for human life here on Earth now, and not postponed to any future life. Simplistic as that statement appears in light of our modern creeds and dogmas, our pleasant sounding paens to peace, happiness and goodwill (which abound in most social organizations anyway) that we ascribe to Humanism. But our de facto focus on anti-deism, anti-religion has proven counterproductive and limits our message being heard.
Are all those centuries of martyrdom; not a few involving the stake, now forfeit? The threat of apostasy is for us at the ready lest any reference to anything not measurable by ‘reasonable’ methods emerge: this our modern taboo. Dark and deeply superstitious is our Captain. Some among his strident crew proclaim “militancy” and await phantom legions to respond to their call. Hark! Do we hear a chorus of “Onward Humanist Soldiers” ringing out?
We have long been granted a surfeit of those earthly pleasures to which the ancients aspired. So in the interest of a higher purpose for modern humanism’s aspiration, why not at least encourage the switch to a long a in the word humanism; pronounce it humane-ism. Simple enough to enact and challenge providing, too. It’s good enough for the Humane Society for the other beasts; someday we too might be worthy of being called Humane.